The config tab holds all the settings related to configuration of the Untangle server itself and settings for components of the platform that apps may interact with.
This is an list of all sections available under the Config tab in the Administration UI.
- 1 Network
- 2 Administration
- 3 Email
- 4 Local Directory
- 5 Upgrade
- 6 Upgrade Settings
- 7 Upgrade Settings
- 7.1 Upgrade FAQs
- 7.2 System
- 7.3 About
The Network configuration contains all the settings to control how your Untangle server routes and handles network traffic. Properly configuring network settings is critical for proper operation.
- Port Forward Rules
- NAT Rules
- Bypass Rules
- Filter Rules
- DNS Server
- DHCP Server
- Network Reports
The Network Configuration documentation documents how networking in Untangle functions and is commonly configured.
Administration controls the administration-related functionality of the Untangle server.
Email contains all the email-related configuration of the Untangle server.
Local Directory stores a list of users that can be used by the applications. It also supports RADIUS for 802.1x authentication from properly configured wireless network access points.
The RADIUS Server can be enabled to allow WiFi users to authenticate as any user configured in Local Directory.
The RADIUS Proxy can be enabled to allow WiFi users to authenticate with credentials that are validated with a configured Active Directory Server.
Upgrade allows the server to upgrade and contains upgrade-related settings
Upgrades show the currently available upgrades if any. If upgrades are available, an upgrade can be started by pressing the Upgrade button at the top under Status.
To see changes see the Changelogs
After the upgrade begins, it will download the new packages (which may take some time) and then the upgrades will be applied. Do not reboot or power off the server during the upgrade.
If Automatically Install Upgrades is checked, Untangle will automatically check for new versions and upgrade if available.
Automatic Upgrade Schedule configures when Untangle will automatically upgrade if upgrades are available. Untangle will automatically upgrade at the specified time on the days of the week than are checked.
When will I get the upgrade version?
- Upgrades are rolled out over time to the existing servers. The rollout can stretch out several weeks. If you want the upgrade immediately, email your box UID to support and request adding your UID to the Early Upgrade List.
How do I know when the new version is available for my Untangle?
- In the Upgrade page of your Untangle, when a new version is available, the Upgrade button will appear. If automatic upgrade setting is enabled, your Untangle will upgrade automatically once the upgrade is available on day and time specified.
Does the upgrade require a reboot?
- If a reboot is needed, the upgrade will reboot automatically once the upgrade is installed. There is no need for a manually reboot. Most upgrades will not reboot as there is no kernel change.
How long does the upgrade take?
- It's difficult to be precise since customer platforms. Internet connection speed and complexity of the upgrade vary. Generally upgrades take less than 20 mins. If the database version is changed as part of the Untangle upgrade, the process will take longer as the database will need to be converted. There are extreme cases of the upgrade taking over an hour.
Do I need to reinstall?
- No, upgrade process will update all the components on the Untangle seamlessly.
Where can I get what is changed in the new version?
- Release changes are posted on the NG_Firewall_Changelogs page.
System contains settings related to the server
About contains system information